Friday 8 May 2009

23 Days To Go

Just 23 days to go before the pump-start. Still seems a long way off, but closer and closer.

After my loopy hypo yesterday, today I relaxed a little with the tight control I'm trying to have at the moment. Not all that good for me, but I feel a whole lot better. Back to the grind tomorrow with lots of testing and eating lower carb foods. I find it works best for me. Porridge is now officially out for me for breakfast. Too many carbs for me to control properly. Insulin to carb ratio is still a little unpredictable, even after all this time, but doing the lower carb thing just seems to work for me.

Am loving the cooler weather we're having. Had the window and door surrounds in the living areas painted today while they're still replacing our roof after the hail from last October. I've just realized that at no stage today could I smell paint, and I was in the same room! I must go look at what paint was used. A super fastidious German trained master painter did the job. It's the second time I've used this guy and his work is immaculate!

Made one of my favourite dinners tonight - schnitzel, Israeli salad, red cabbage and risi bisi (rice with peas) - not that I had much rice. My daughter popped in for dinner and I know she loves rice. Jack was also around at that time, so he ate with us as well.

I'm not much of a drinker, but we did open a bottle of Shiraz that the roofers gave us because their work has been so delayed by the rain. The wine was smooth and lovely and went perfectly with dinner. Half a glass for me and I already feel tipsy, so I didn't push my luck.

Off to the hairdressers tomorrow. Wanted to do a colour myself but because I'm going a little darker (too ash blonde at the moment) I thought I'd let them do the first change, and then I can keep it up afterwards. Done this many times before and have learned my lesson from when I was younger - not to do a first major colour change myself. I've ended up with green hair before!