Tuesday 26 May 2009

7 Days to Go!

Just a week to go for my pump-start. It's been a hectic week with horrendous storms from South-East Queensland to the Mid North Coast of NSW. Trees down everywhere, flooding, power outages and more. My fridge died with one of the power outages, so rather than throwing more money at it, I decided to buy a new one. Reasonably happy with what I got although what I really wanted was $1000 more! Maybe next time.

I have finally worked out that I need to bolus for protein. Why has no one told me this before? Typical lack of education.

I've also worked out that at dinner, it's far better for me to take 50% of the bolus with dinner, and the other 50% 1 to 1.5 hours later. Worked a charm tonight. I'd been playing around with percentages in a split bolus and finally nailed it tonight. Different meals may need a different approach but what I ate tonight is fairly typical for me. So at least I have that problem solved. This will be a breeze on a pump with the possibility of extended boluses.

Some really interesting information over at dsolve. Am still reading and learning.